ARTICLES OF FAITH
"FOR THE TIME WILL COME WHEN PEOPLE WILL NOT PUT UP WITH SOUND DOCTRINE. INSTEAD, TO SUIT THEIR OWN DESIRES, THEY WILL GATHER AROUND THEM A GREAT NUMBER OF TEACHERS TO SAY WHAT THEIR ITCHING EARS WANT TO HEAR."
(2 TIMOTHY 4:3 NIV)
(2 TIMOTHY 4:3 NIV)
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, the incarnation of the Father, born of a virgin, very God of very God for, and by whom all things were created (John 1:1-10).
- We believe in the substitutionary atonement of the Lord Jesus Christ, that He, by the grace of God tasted death for every man and that all must be born again through faith in Him or are forever lost. Redemption is accomplished by the cross and blood of our Lord Jesus Christ, by grace through faith, believing in the heart that God raised Him from the dead. Salvation is by Jesus Christ and none other; for God has highly exalted Him and given a name which is above every name that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and those under the earth. We further believe that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the Glory of God the Father. (Hebrews 2:9, John 3:1-18, John 6:44-49, Ephesians 2:8, Romans 10:9, Philippians 2:9-11).
- We believe in Jesus Christ as the Sovereign Giver of spiritual gifts to the church. We further believe spiritual gifts are given for the perfecting of the Saints for work of ministry and for the edifying of the Body of Christ and are given without regard to ethnicity, social class, or gender (Ephesians 4:7-12; Galatians 3:26-28).
- We believe in the perpetual and continuing ecclesiastical value of all spiritual gifts for the edification of the body of Christ until the end of this Church Age, which will be consummated by the return of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 4:11-13, I Corinthians 12-14; Romans 12).
- We believe in Jesus Christ as the Baptizer with the Holy Spirit, who brings men and women at salvation into relationship with Himself and His Body, the Church. We further believe that it is the baptism of the Holy Ghost that places one into the Body of Christ. All believers have been baptized by Christ with the Holy Ghost (Matthew 3:11 ; John 1:33 ; 1 Corinthians 12:13 ).
- We believe in the indwelling of the Holy Ghost for all Believers and that the Holy Ghost verifies and validates the Believer as part of the Body of Christ. (Romans 8:9).
- We believe that it is God’s desire that all believers live under the “Divine Direction” of the Holy Ghost. We believe that the filling of the Holy Ghost is an ongoing ministry of the Spirit in the life of the believer, which enables the believer to live a life of power, victory, and glory to God (Acts 1:8, 2:4, 4:8, 4:31).
- We believe in water baptism and Holy Communion – The Lord's Supper – as the ordinances of the church to be observed as public declaration of salvation through Jesus Christ and the commemoration of His death, burial and resurrection in victory over satan, death, hell and the grave. (Matthew 3:11-14, 26:26-29, Luke 22:17-23).
- We believe that every believer is an ambassador of the Lord Jesus Christ commissioned to go into the entire world to make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; teaching them to observe all that our Lord commanded. (Matthew 28:19-20; II Corinthians 5:20).
- We believe in the personal, visible, imminent return of Jesus Christ both for His Saints and with His Saints in reign to victory. (I Thessalonians 4:13-18, Corinthians 15:50-55, Revelation 19:19-20, 20:1-6).
- We believe in the authority of the believer over the enemy, satan, and the victory to be gained by the exercise of that authority in the areas of deliverance, healing and holiness. (Ephesians 1:20-23, 6:10-7).
- We believe in the personality and reality of satan as the enemy of the Kingdom of God, Saints of God and of the Lord; and in his ultimate defeat by the Lord Jesus Christ and potential defeat by Spirit-filled believers clothed in the Armor of God in their daily lives. (Revelation 12:9-10, Matthew 4:2-11, Isaiah 14:12-17, John 8).
- We believe in the full autonomy of the local church as an independent entity under the Lordship of Christ, through pastoral authority, with regards to: A) government, polity, and operations, (Titus 1:5, Acts 15:1 – 35), B) discipline, (I Corinthians 5:5, Matthew 18:15-17, 2 Thessalonians 3:6, 14-15), and C) with the added value of the Episcopacy as a covering. (Titus 1:5; Acts 15:1-35)