Names of God
Who is our God? The answer to this question provides great hope and help to those of us who live by faith in Him. He reveals Himself to us through His names: Meditate upon His names today:
• Elohim = "God" (plural) as in the Creator (Genesis 1:1).
• El Elyon = "God (singular) Most High (Genesis 14:18-20).
• El Roi = "God Who Sees (Genesis 16:13-14).
• El Shaddai = "God Almighty" or "God the All-Sufficient One"; (Genesis 17:2-3).
• Yahweh = found in Scripture as the consonants YHWH, known as the "Tetragramaton" is God's holy Covenant name. The letters form a word or words from the verb "to be" and most scholars translate it as "I AM who I AM" or "I will be who I will be", or "the Self-Existent One (Exodus 3:13-14).
• Adonai = "Lord" (Note: LORD, all in capital letters is a substitution out of reverence for God's covenant name "Yahweh (Exodus 4:10-12).
• Yahweh-jireh = "Yahweh will provide" (Genesis 22:11-14).
• Yahweh-rapha = "Yahweh who heals (Exodus 15:26).
• Yahweh–nissi = "Yahweh My Banner...(Exodus 17:16).
• Yahweh-mekoddishkem = "Yahweh Who Sanctifies You": (Exodus 31:12).
• Yahweh-shalom = "Yahweh is Peace (Judges 6:22-24).
• Yahweh-sabaoth = "Yahweh of Hosts" (the "hosts" are the army of angels who serve God): (Psalm 46:7; 22:10).
• Yahweh-raah = "Yahweh My Shepherd":...(Psalms 23:1).
• Yahweh-tsidkenu = "Yahweh Our Saving Justice": (Jeremiah 23:5-6).
Take courage and rest in Him today. He will prove to be everything you need Him to be. Trust Him. He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
Don't Tap Out...
There is power, breakthrough, recovery, reconciliation, turn-around and victory in trusting in the Lord. Don't tap out when things get difficult and it seems like victory is not coming. Don't get in the flesh and try to manipulate things in your life; continue to trust in the Lord.
5 This is what the Lord says: (Jeremiah 17:5-8)
“Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who draws strength from mere flesh and whose heart turns away from the Lord. That person will be like a bush in the wastelands; they will not see prosperity when it comes. They will dwell in the parched places of the desert, in a salt land where no one lives. “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. They will be like a tree planted by the waterthat sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”
March 19th, 2014
"I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live...." (Deut. 30:19)
Yesterday ended last night. Whatever happened yesterday is over. Make quality decisions as to how you will live your life today. Don't allow any thing to come in and steal your day!
"Without wise leadership, a nation falls; there is safety in having many advisers." (Proverbs 11:14 NLT)